How much does it cost to develop my idea with Lime Design?
Every idea or invention is very different in regards to complexity, size, materials, and other variables. That being said, having a budget of roughly $5,000 to 10,000 for development of less complex projects is an average standard. Contact us to set up a discovery call with our team of engineers. Get your project started by clicking here.
How can I fund my project?
Having enough funds to develop your idea is a vital step in the product development process. Here are a few ways you can raise fund to get your project on its feet.
- Self-funding. This is a great way to get your project started, and allows us to get the preliminary phases done. We highly encourage you to seek investors to further fund your project, so you can rapidly develop your idea.
- Friends & Family. Who best to back you then your friends and family? Got a cousin that believes in your idea? Offer them a partnership for a small percentage of the company (10-20% max), Maybe your dad is a heart surgeon who you can guilt trip a few bucks out of.
- Getting a loan. Business loans, bank loans, private loans… A loan is a great way to get the money you need to further develop your project or idea right away.
- Crowdfunding. Kickstarter, Gofundme, and Indiegogo are a few of the online resources you can utilize to have people around the world help fund your project to completion! Some platforms, such as Kickstarter, are all or nothing funding. You can read our blog about crowdfunding and crowdsourcing by clicking here.
- Invention themed reality TV. One of our clients had appearances on both Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch Edison Nation’s Everyday Edisons, where he received not one, but two different offers to have his product ideally fully funded. You can read about that and his success story by clicking here.
I don't live in South Florida! Is that a problem?
Not at all! While we may be based in South Florida, we’ve worked with clients all over the world using conference call software such as Skype to keep you up to date on the progress of your project. If our physical presence is needed for the project, we’ll even fly out to your location and hand deliver the result if need be.
What software do you use?
We primarily use SolidWorks 3D CAD Parametric software to do the industrial design work, which makes up the bulk of the project’s 3D phase. For sculptural modeling for toys, figurines, or sculptures, we utilize ZBrush. For photorealistic renderings and animations that are made by and far for marketing materials, we use a combination of Blender and Keyshot 8 to provide optimal results. You can see some of our work from these programs by clicking here.
Can you help me patent my idea?
We offer various patent protection aid for your ideas such as drawings, writings, and designs. We closely work with a few trusted patent attorneys to help you patent your idea, ensuring that it remains yours and yours alone. Click here to see more on our patent packet.
Does Lime Design keep my idea confidential?
Absolutely! We sign an NDA with you right away to absolutely ensure that your idea remains your’s. You can request our NDA form by clicking here. We respect the confidentiality of each and every client and idea to the utmost, so please rest assured, our lips are sealed.
What about marketing materials? Can Lime Design provide those?
Of course! We can design your packaging and logos in Adobe Illustrator to stand out from the crowd. Furthermore, utilizing 3D software we can craft photorealistic renderings or animations of your product for digital storefronts, magazines, and then some. Animated ads are also well within our scope of work for marketing materials, blending both 2D and 3D. Check out some of that work by clicking here.
Why choose Lime Design?
Thats our favorite question. Lime Design is a business, but we take great pride in our work – we personally invest ourselves into each and every project to ensure the highest quality. We have well over 40 years of experience and we work fast. Many design firms will take months, if not years. We aim to have a functioning prototype in your hands within weeks and help you get product patents, marketing materials, aid in a manufacturing process, and more. We take the service a bit further than other product design businesses, and cover just about every aspect of the product development processes, and you can see those services by clicking here!